This is not intended to be a comprehensive statement of all that we believe but it serves to show that King’s Church beliefs are based on the fundamental truths which have defined the Christian faith from its very beginning to this present day.
- We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
- We believe that Jesus is God’s only Son, the Saviour of the world, and the Head of the church.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and the final authority for all matters of faith.
- We believe that every person has worth as a creation of God; but that all have done things wrong (sinned) and fall short of the standard of God.
- We believe that forgiveness of sins is offered to all people and comes only by grace through the blood of Jesus, His death on the cross and His resurrection from the dead.
- We believe that in order to receive forgiveness and the 'new birth' we must repent of our sins, believe in Jesus, and submit to His will for our lives.
- We believe that our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to Jesus.
- We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be baptised in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enables us to use all the spiritual gifts.
- We believe that God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is to worship God, fulfil our role in the Church and serve the community in which we live.
- We believe that the church is the body and bride of Christ, consisting of all Christians everywhere
- We believe that Jesus will one day return and reign forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.